Tuesday and Wednesday, July 17th and 18th, 2018
3-on-3 Basketball Pioneer Days Tournament
Registration Tuesday 17th @ 5:30 p.m., Team Play begins 6:00 p.m.
$30.00 per team
St Johns Middle School Gymnasium
- ALL GAMES WILL BE SELF-OFFICIATED
Questions of judgment must be mediated by the two teams involved. A double forfeit will be recorded for any games that cannot be completed due to a continued disagreement between the teams.
RULES OF 3-on-3 BASKETBALL
- Game Length: The first team to 11 wins.
- GAME TIME IS FORFEIT TIME!
- Time Outs: One per team per game – duration 30 seconds in length.
- All games are self-officiated. The two teams involved should mediate questions of judgment. If teams or players cannot agree on the validity of the foul, then the player “contesting the call” will shoot a free throw. If the free is made the foul is nullified and that team will get the ball. If the free throw is missed the foul shall stand and the “fouled” team shall retain possession.
- 3 on 3 basketball is a half court game played by 2 teams of three with a maximum of 5 per roster. Teams MUST have at least three people to start a game.
- Substitution: Substitutions may be made after a basket or any stoppage of play.
- Coin Toss: The team listed first on the score sheet shall call the toss and choose to take the ball.
- The possession changes after each basket (this is NOT make, take it.)
- The “Check Line” is determined by the three-point arch. The ball must be beyond the arch at the beginning of each half.
- On defensive rebounds (including air balls) and steals, the ball must be passed or dribbled beyond the arch. The ball does not need to be given to a different player. As long as the ball goes beyond the arc, there will be no limitations on who can shoot it.
- The Three Point Shot is NOT in effect.
- If the ball is knocked out of bounds or goes across the midcourt line, it shall be awarded to the opposing team (the team that did not knock it out).
- Alternating possession on all jump ball situations will be in effect.
- The offensive team must “pass the ball in” before a shot is attempted (make one pass before a shot is taken).
- Out-Of-Bounds: if the ball goes out-of-bounds, the offensive team must check the ball.
For questions, please contact Christian Lee 928-551-3076, or Breanna Lee 928-551–5600 or Paul and Felisha Ramsey 480-390-7257